Facts about Leslie
- You might know me as Lu, Lulu, lulu_bella, or Leslie. All of those are acceptable things to call me. My mom has been calling me Lulu since I was 6 and, to this day, when she calls me Leslie, I’m pretty sure it’s because I haven’t cleaned my room. Lulu_bella and Lu both came about from the days when you weren’t supposed to use your real name on the internet and I was active on a couple of message boards (AOL MPAW and the Matchbox 20 band forum… it was 2002, ok). When I started my blog, I still wasn’t sure about using my real name on the internet, so I stuck with Lu.
- I like to write about the books I’m reading, the places I’m visiting, and the things I’m making.
- I work at a nonprofit in the construction industry. I used to work at a publishing house in New York. Turns out, a liberal arts education really can take you anywhere.
- Regular Rumination began in the winter of 2008 when I was a sophomore in college. I’ve taken some breaks here and there, but it’s one of the few things that hasn’t changed in my life over the last few years.
- I believe that there is a poem and a poet out there for every reader.
- I crochet and I’m teaching myself calligraphy and watercolor painting.
- I have the best dog in the world and his name is Earl.
- The etymology of ruminate gave me a minor mid-blog-life crisis, but I quickly got over it.