1) Strange narration style, but not in a bad way. There is an abrupt shift at one point and it’s confusing, but okay.
2) The narrator is annoying and her problem in the novel is totally ultimately totally unnecessary and I wish it had been cut out. EDIT: As unnecessary as that second totally.
3) There is a war. We don’t know why. I didn’t care and actually really like that it was never explained.
4) Too much talking, walking and reacting. Not enough action.
5) SADNESS. Lots of it.
6) Parenting fail, but at least the lack of any kind of adult figure is explained.
7) Cousin love! That is somehow not creepy?
Does all that equal a recommendation? Mostly.
So go read this!: now | tomorrow | next week | next month | next year | when you’ve exhausted your TBR