Happy Belated Halloween everyone! This is going to be a long rambling post that is half-Sunday Salon, half-Round Up. Yesterday was a fabulous day and I hope everyone else had a wonderful day, too. I was a lightning bolt, which means that I just put a lightning bolt made out of really shiny fabric on my dress. We handed out candy to the cute trick-or-treaters and then had a rockin party of our own. We started my birthday week celebrations! Everyone should get a week for their birthday. Thursday is my real birthday and we’re going to go out and do some official celebrating then, too. Can’t wait!
October was saved only by the read-a-thon! Other than that I read much less than usual because of school. Tomorrow is my school-free day. I’m going to spend the day relaxing, going to the gym, and, most of all, reading.
- The Host – Stephanie Meyer (Read it: This Week!)
- 2666: The Part About Archimboldi – Roberto Bolaño (Read it: Now!)
- Ash – Malinda Lo (Read it: Next week!)
- When You Reach Me – Rebecca Stead (Read it: NOW!)
- The Night Watch – Sarah Waters (Read it: Next week)
- Black Girl/White Girl – Joyce Carol Oates (Read it: Next year)
- So Yesterday – Scott Westerfeld (Read it: This week!)
- The Silenced – James DeVila ( Read it: Next year)
- Embroideries – Marjane Satrapi (Read it: Now!)
- The Ask and the Answer – Patrick Ness (Read it: Now!)
- Sloth – Gilbert Hernandez (Read it: Next month)
- Disquiet – Julia Leigh (Read it: Next month)
I can’t believe I read that many books, actually. Reading The Host seems so long ago, I can’t believe that was October! I’m still reading Kristin Lavransdatter, so I’m a little behind on the read-along, but I should have it finished by tomorrow and a post up with my thoughts. I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and Happy Día de los muertos!