Hello, October! Easily my favorite month of the year, because Halloween is awesome and because the first week of November is my birthday! So October is just one long month of anticipation. September was a decent reading month, especially considering it was my first week of classes. I’m fairly certain that I’m going to finish my year-long reading goal for 2009 of 100 books, but some of these challenges are out of the picture. And I’m okay with that! They were fun to participate in and if I don’t finish them all, I had fun trying.
- The House Next Door by Anne Rivers Siddons 84%
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury 98%
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 85%
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson 90%
- The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker 70%
- After Dark by Haruki Murakami 88%
- Losing My Mind: An Intimate Look at Life with Alzheimer’s by Thomas DeBaggio 90%
- Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer 92%
- Ten Little Indians by Sherman Alexie 88%
- Lazarillo de Tormes by Anónimo 85%
My favorites this month were definitely Something Wicked This Way Comes and We Have Always Lived in the Castle.
This week I’m reading:
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Guzmán de Alfarache by Mateo Alemán
Post of the week:
What are you reading? Have a wonderful week!