September is here and that means it’s time to round up all the books I read in August.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness 90%
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving 85%
- Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist 86%
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein 88%
- Twenty Fragments of a Ravenous Youth by Xiaolu Guo 80%
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore 96%
- Skim by Marko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki 96%
- 2666 – The Part About the Crimes by Roberto Bolaño 92%
- Safe Area Gorazde: The War in Eastern Bosnia by Joe Sacco 92%
Total pages read: 3, 192
Lots of chunksters this month!
Average rating: 89.4%
A to Z Challenge – 25/52
Dewey Decimal Challenge – 1.75/10
Read Your Name Challenge – 4/6
Orbis Terrarum Challenge – 10/10 COMPLETE
1% Well-Read – 8/13
Celebrate Women’s History Month – 7/7 COMPLETE
Once Upon a Time III Challenge – 4/4 COMPLETE
RIP IV Challenge – 0/2
China Challenge – 0/10
Personal reading goal for 2009 – 69/100
Reading plans this week:
- I’m almost done with The House Next Door by Ann Rivers Siddons. It’s an excellent start to RIP IV!
- I have about 12 short stories to read for school this week, so I hope to blog about several of them. They are some of my favorite Latin American and Spanish stories.
- I began reading Catching Fire, but had to put it down so I could get some homework done. So good! I’m going to hopefully finish it this week.
What did you read last month?