With my 2666: The Part about Fate post still in the works, I thought I’d send you some bookish news your way:
Regular Rumination’s book news
- My mom is reading! Woo, go Mom! She’s reading The Time Traveler’s Wife on my recommendation. She’s never been a casual reader, but she’s been raiding the books I’ve left at home lately and asking me for recommendations. It makes me super excited.
- At my job, I make lots of spreadsheets. I have learned how to make my spreadsheets beautiful so I enjoy making them a little bit more. So I took my spreadsheet where I keep track of all my reading (which I borrowed from someone, but I can’t remember who! Anyone out there know who has a spreadsheet for download that keeps track of reading progress and goals? I kept all their math and want to give credit where credit is due.) Anyway, I couldn’t sleep last night, so I now have a beautiful reading graph spreadsheet with drop down menus! And colors!
Real book news:
- Ray Bradbury is excited about the new graphic novel being made about Farenheit 451, almost as excited as I am! He also hopes for a movie release.
- Joe Pernice, a musician turned novelist, is releasing a soundtrack to go with his book! I think this is really cool. Why hasn’t it been done before? Has it? Show me.
- Stephanie Meyer is being accused of plagiarism. I’m shocked. Really.
- Stephanie Meyer as… comic book character? Weird.
Button photography credit.