Just as I was hankering for something to blog about (other than the Great Job Search – more on this later), Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness posted the most recent “challenge” for the Blog Improvement Challenge, and let me tell you this is a good one!
While I was reading the introduction to Kim’s post, I was thinking to myself, well, how many types of blog posts could there be? And haven’t I most likely done them all? How about a big resounding NO on that one. I am really intrigued by Kim’s challenge – to do one of every kind of post. Because, I for one, like gift cards, and I like challenges.
Since we have two weeks, eventually I will complete all of the posts she has recommended.
Here is the list of blog post topics she has suggested:
- A Link Post – share a series of links your readers might find interesting
- A Short Post – less than 200 words
- A List Post – simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
- An Opinion Post – take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it
- A Poll or Question Post – post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback
- A How-To Post – You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it
- A Long Post – more than 700 words
- A Review Post – self-explanatory, I think
- A Definition Post – show your expertise about a topic related to your blog
- FREE SPACE – a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts)
I’ll cross them off and link to the posts as I go. I love a healthy challenge, so I’m looking forward to this one. Especially since I don’t have very many of these kind of posts, other than review posts. And random posts that are not relevant. But this should help that!
How’s everyone else doing on the blog improvement project?