One of the first posts I read when I joined the blogging community was a post about Dewey. I arrived in the community just as that was happening and it’s obvious from all of the posts that I missed someone special. I am proud to join this meme, especially after knowing Dewey’s story.
In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.
I am going to make this list based on the bloggers that have made me feel the most welcome. They have all been inspiring, offering loads of advice, complements and constructive criticism. Technically, that is all of you. But there are a few that have really gone above and beyond to make me feel like part of the community. I know you guys are going to get sick of me going on and on about how great all of you are, but hey, I can’t help it.
- Eva. Eva’s blog was one of the first ones I found and one of the first I commented on. Since then she’s been stopping by and commenting on my posts. She’s really been great. I also love reading her blog. It’s informative and interesting and pretty to look at. She also started Library Loot, which I’m ridiculously excited about.
- J. Kaye. J. Kaye was one of the first bloggers that found me. She found me on the Book Blogs forum here. She’s made me feel very welcome and her blog is always a good place to check for giveaways and her reviews are always well written :).
- Chris of Stuff as Dreams Are Made Of. Always leaves a nice comment and I like his blog too. It’s well-designed and he’s got a great taste in books.
- Nymeth. She reviews the coolest books and has made time to come here and comment. I really appreciate it! Also, she has good taste in music blogs.
- Daphne. I love Daphne’s combination of life/cooking/books.
- Lezlie. Another blogger who came on over to my site to wish me luck in my blogging endeavor and stuck around to comment a few more times! I love her reviews and her blog. And we have the same name.
- Kim. Not only has she made me feel wecome, but she started the Blog Improvement Project, which is just what I need!
I could list every single person who has commented on my page. I always check on their blogs and almost always add them to my reader! I’m reading your blogs, and trying to comment.
That leads me to a question: how do you respond to your commentors? Do you write another comment? Do you go back to their blog and comment on their page? I’ve been trying both, but I’m not sure which one works the best. What do you all recommend?